45 Franklin St #202
San Francisco, CA 94102
Dr. Brooke Armstrong’s bright and spacious office is located in the Hayes Valley area of San Francisco, close to MUNI, BART and freeways. There are also nearby garages, metered and free 2hr parking.
+ Fees & payments
Couples counseling is $250 and individual counseling is $225.
Once our appointments are scheduled, you will need to make payment for the session at the time we meet. The fee is due at the beginning of each session, payable by check, cash or electronically (e.g. Zelle, Popmoney, or Quickpay). It is helpful if checks are written prior to sessions so that we can use the full session to work. Please note that if you should decide to pay by check, I am unable to hold checks for any period of time. Returned checks will be subject to any bank fees incurred, and once a check has been returned, I will no longer be able to accept checks.
From time-to-time, I may review your fee and discuss any change with you before it is implemented. Longer term clients often have a fee increase of $10-20 per year.
If for some reason you fall behind in your fee for service, I am required to notify you that legal means or a collection agency may be used to secure payment. That cost will be added to your outstanding balance. In most collection situations, the only information released regarding a client’s treatment is his/her name, the nature of the services provided and the amount due.
+ Insurance is not accepted
However, if you have a PPO, EAP or out-of-network benefits, you should check with your provider to see if you might be reimbursed for our sessions. Upon request, I can give you a statement of services for insurance or tax purposes. You are responsible for payment whether or not you have insurance or expect to be reimbursed.
+ Sessions are 50 min & weekly
It’s also possible to meet for extended sessions or more frequently. Once you feel you’re in a good place, we can also meet less often, or you can stop altogether. This is always your decision.
Our first few sessions will involve an evaluation of your needs. It is important to feel comfortable and have a good fit with your therapist, and so during this time, we can both decide whether I am the best person to help you meet your goals. If you have any feedback or questions, always feel free to discuss. Your experience is very important to me.
+ 24-hour cancellation policy
If you are unable to make our scheduled appointment, I require 24 hours cancellation notice. Appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours notice will be billed at your regular fee. Fees for cancelled sessions can be made by mail or are due at our next scheduled session. Please note that if you are more than 20 minutes late to a session, it will be considered cancelled and you may be charged in full for the session.
The only exception to this policy will be hospitalization or an emergency. This means that if you feel you’re coming down with a cold on the day before your appointment, it might be wise to go ahead and cancel for the next day. Cancellations can be made by phone or email. If you late cancel or no-show more than two times, we will discuss and potentially discontinue therapy.
+ How confidentiality works
The confidentiality of what you disclose is, in general, legally protected. Normally, information can be released only with your written permission. However, there are exceptions including:
• Any suspicion of child abuse, dependent adult abuse, or elder abuse is required by law to be reported to the appropriate agency.
• For clients who become a danger to themselves or others, protective actions may be required, such as notifying the potential victim, contacting the police, or seeking hospitalization for the client. These situations have rarely occurred in my practice; however, I will make every effort to fully discuss it with you before taking any actions.
• The court can, in certain instances, require records be submitted.
• Therapists routinely consult with professional colleagues who are bound by the same rules of confidentiality.
• Information transmitted over a website, email, or phone may not be secure or encrypted.
• You may request that I provide information necessary for your insurance reimbursement (such as diagnosis, clinical information, or treatment plan). Therapists have no control over what insurance companies do with this information.
• You may request that your records or other information be released to another agency or individual. These requests must be confirmed in writing and may be revoked by you in writing at any time.
+ Availability & emergencies
For emergencies, go to the ER or call Crisis Hotline : 415-781-0500
Telephone calls are answered by voicemail, and I may not be immediately available. Your calls will be returned as soon as possible and every effort will be made to do so within 48 hours, with the possible exception of week-ends, holidays, and vacations. If you are difficult to reach, please leave your best times and phone number, even if you think I have it. In case of an emergency or if you can’t wait 48 hours, contact the local crisis line at 415-781-0500, your family physician, or the nearest emergency room. I will let you know about any extended time away from the office and may provide you with the name of a colleague to contact, if necessary.